Monday, May 4, 2009

Pork Fried Rice


I've been sitting in front of my computer for the last 15 minutes trying to think of a some cute and/or funny story to go with this meal... I got nothing. I wanted something easy, different and yummy for dinner. I know there are tons of ways to jazz up fried rice, but I was feeling traditional. And it was good!


Pork Fried Rice
Boneless Pork Chops
2 T oil
4 c. cooked rice, preferably day old
Carrots, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
Frozen peas

Thinly slice pork, saute until cooked through. Remove from skillet, set aside. Put oil in skillet, add carrots and onions. Saute until tender. Add rice and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Make a well in the middle of the skillet, add eggs and stir until scrambled up in small pieces, mix into rice. Add pork back into the skillet, stir in peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment