Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chicken Stir-Fry


I'm a firm believer that the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. My best friend, Kelly, does not exactly share my love for cooking or my views of cooking for her husband. I occassionally take it upon myself to cook for them so he can come home to a hot meal.


Chicken Stir-Fry
3 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1/2 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 c. matchstick carrots
1 head broccoli, cut up
1 c. snow peas
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 t. cornstarch
2 t. honey
1 t. sesame oil
2 T. hoisin sauce
brown rice

In large skillet, saute onion for 2-3 minutes. Add red pepper, carrots and broccoli, saute for another 2-3 minutes. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, cornstarch and honey. Add cooked chicken to skillet, add soy sauce mixture and hoisin sauce, mix well. Let flavors blend, 4-5 minutes. Add sesame oil and snow peas. Remove from heat and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment