Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pork Chops with Creamy Balsamic Mushrooms and Potato Croquettes


I'm a big fan of sauteed mushrooms and onions with balsamic vinegar. For these, I added a little cream. It's a great combination, on that my boyfriend, Stephen, enthusiastically proclaimed, "I like it!" I adopted the recipe for the potato croquettes from Rachael Ray's magazine. I added cheese and green onions to my mashed potatoes. I recommend getting the mashed potatoes as cold as possible so they will be easier to handle.


Pork Chops
Thin cut, bone-in pork chops
Ground Red Pepper
Garlic Powder
Dried Thyme
Dried Rosemary
Salt and pepper


Creamy Balsamic Mushrooms
1 container mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. heavy cream

In skillet, caramelize onions. Add mushrooms until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar and let it reduce, add cream and reduce.


No comments:

Post a Comment