Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Verde Sauce


If I'm eating by myself, I can have a sandwich everyday. But, when I'm cooking for my family or my boyfriend, Stephen, I rarely repeat the same meal. I just feel that there are so many recipes and meal ideas out there. Repeating a meal is just kind of boring. I have made this for Stephen before, but he really liked it and in honor of Cinco de Mayo, it was an easy go-to. Maybe the margaritas make the repeat less boring...

To the rice, I added lime zest, chopped jalapenos, fresh cilantro and black beans.


Chipotle Marinade
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 chipotle chili's
cumin
salt and pepper
chili powder
1/2 c olive oil

Mix well in food processor. Marinade chicken for at least 10 minutes


Creamy Verde Sauce
1 c. sour cream
1 jar Verde salsa

Yep, that's all. Put small amount in bottom of small casserole dish and on top of enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment