Sunday, May 31, 2009

Banana Bread


For Christmas, I made banana bread for my boyfriend, Stephen's parents. When we went to his parents' house at Easter, his little sister waited until Stephen walked out of the room, turned to me and said, "Now that he's gone... do you think you could make some more of that bread?" She asked me to make 2 or 3 loafs of the bread. I only agreed to making one, and it took me a while to get around to that. So this is for you Lillian.

I have had this recipe for well over 10 years and I have no idea where I got it from. So, unfortunately, I cannot give the source credit for it.


Banana Bread
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. oatmeal
4-5 overripe bananas, smashed

Mix together. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal . .hmm . .that's interesting. Never heard of that in banana bread before.

    ReplyDelete