Monday, March 29, 2010

Teriyaki Pork and Mango


I moved to Dallas almost 7 years ago. One of the biggest reasons I decided to move here was because of my nephew and niece. We all moved here at the same time and I stayed with them for the summer while I looked for a job. Now, almost 7 years later, they are moving to a new house in the Metroplex. I am so happy for them, but I must admit, it will be a little bit weird to not go over to that house anymore. I'm thinking that the last weekend I go over to the old house we may need to have a special lunch...


Teriyaki Pork and Mango

1 lb. thin-cut boneless pork chops
2 T. flour
Salt
1 clove garlic
1 t. grated fresh ginger
12 oz. frozen mango chunks, thawed
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1/4 c. chicken broth
Napa cabbage

Thinly slice pork chops. Toss them with flour and salt. Over medium high heat, sear pork strips on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. To skillet, add garlic, ginger and mango chunks. Mix well and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in teriyaki sauce and chicken broth. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Thinly slice napa cabbage. Top cabbage with pork mixture and some of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment