Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gorgonzola and Grape Salad


I love cheese. I have always felt that the more cheese, the better. But there is one cheese that I have always had a love/hate relationship with... Blue Cheese. There are times when I think it is amazing and I wouldn't substitute it for anything. And then there are times when I can't eat more than a bite, wishing I wouldn't have had the first. But I think I have found at least one way that I always like blue cheese... when it is paired with a fruit. There is something about the way all the flavors in this salad compliment each other, I could eat two plates full. But, I'll stop at one tonight.

Gorgonzola and Grape Salad

Chicken Breast
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Dried thyme
Mixed greens
Red onion, thinly sliced
Red seedless grapes, halved
Chopped pecans
Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, lemon zest and thyme. In skillet, saute chicken for 8-9 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly. Whisk together white wine vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper. Continue whisking while slowly pouring in oil. Toss vinaigrette with mixed greens. Top lettuce with red onion, grapes, pecans, gorgonzola cheese and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment