Saturday, March 13, 2010

Asian Chicken Drumsticks


I'm not sure how it happened, but this week completely got away from me. It was a busy week at work, I had some computer issues and by yesterday afternoon I was completely exhausted. I did manage to cook dinner for my boyfriend, Stephen, earlier this week, I just hadn't gotten around to posting it. But next week I'm on Spring Break and I intend to do lots of cooking. I'm so excited.


Asian Chicken Drumsticks with Rice Noodles

1 1/2 lbs. chicken drumstick
1/3 c. hoisin sauce
1/3 c. soy sauce
2 t. sraracha sauce
2 t. fish sauce
1/4 c. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. grated fresh ginger
2 t. sesame oil
Ground pepper
1/2 pkg. rice noodles
Green onions, cut on bias
Peanuts, roughly chopped

Mix together hoisin, soy sauce, sraracha, fish sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and pepper. Reserve half for noodles. Toss chicken with remaining sauce. Let marinade for at least 1 hour. In large skillet, sear drumsticks for 3-4 minutes per side. Place drumsticks on baking sheet and baste with marinade. Finish cooking chicken in 350 degree oven until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Toss noodles with reserved sauce. Top noodles and drumsticks with green onions and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment