Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shepherd's Pie


This is my quick and easy St. Patrick's Day meal. I made just a single serving of this for my boyfriend, Stephen, because I have been doing a lot of cooking this week and I don't need anymore leftovers in my refrigerator. But this recipe is so easy to double or triple. I really did plan on posting this recipe yesterday, but I guess I should have worked on that before I went out for some St. Patty's Day drinks...


Shepherd's Pie

1 large potato, baked
1/3 c. half and half
2 t. butter
1 scallion, chopped
1/4 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
Salt and pepper
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/3 c. chopped carrots
4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1/3 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. beef broth
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
Ground red pepper

Bake potato in 400 degree oven. Hallow out potato and smash with half and half, butter, scallion, cheese, salt and pepper. In skillet, brown ground beef and season with salt, pepper and ground red pepper. Remove ground beef from skillet. Cook onion, carrots and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Season with salt, pepper and ground red pepper. Add ground beef, corn, broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet and let simmer for 3 minutes. Add beef mixture to small casserole dish. Top with potatoes and brown in 375 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment