Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Marsala with Gnocchi


As I have been looking at many different Chicken Marsala recipes, I have found that if it has chicken and Marsala wine, its Chicken Marsala. So I started with what seems to be a standard, basic recipe. I then added bacon and some heat to it. And I think I've been cooking for my boyfriend, Stephen, too long because I the spice you get at the end from the red pepper flakes were what made this dish for me. This is also the first recipe that I have made from my Top 100 list!


Chicken Marsala with Gnocchi
3 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
Flour, for dredging
Red pepper flakes, to taste
3 slices bacon, chopped
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. Marsala wine
3/4 c. chicken broth
1 lb. gnocchi
2 T. butter
Fresh parsley

Cook gnocchi in boiling water until they raise to the top of the pot. Drain gnocchi, put butter in pot, stir in gnocchi and let brown for 5-6 minutes. Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to make chicken cutlets. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge with flour, shake off excess and saute in large skillet for 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove chicken, add bacon and let cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and red pepper flakes, brown for 6-7 minutes. Stir in Marsala wine and let reduce down for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, let reduce for 4 minutes. Add chicken back in and coat with sauce. Top with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment