Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onions


My boyfriend, Stephen, is a very nice, friendly guy. We went to the gym together last Saturday. As I was on the treadmill, he came over to talk to me quickly then as he walked away, he said hi to a personal trainer working with someone next to me. After Stephen walked away, this following conversation took place:

Trainer: Are you his significant other?

Me: . . . Yeah, I'm his girlfriend.

Trainer: Um, I feel really bad saying this because I have never corrected him before. . . but he always calls me Jason.

Me: . . . So what is your name?

Trainer: Aaron

All I could do at this point was laugh hysterically. Because as crazy as the conversation was, I'm not at all surprised that Stephen had his name wrong. But you gotta love his good intentions.


Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Printer-Friendly Version

1 package gluten free chicken sausages
1/2 red onion
2 bell peppers, of any color
1/2 jar roasted red pepper
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 t. red pepper flakes
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
Salt

Bring a pot of water to a simmer and cook chicken sausage in simmering water for 6-7 minutes. Remove from water and cut on the bias. Cut red onion in wedges and bell peppers into large chunks. Over high heat, saute sausage, peppers and onions until vegetables are tender and chicken is browned. Place roasted red peppers, tomato sauce, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in food processor and process for 1 minute, or until well combined. Pour sauce into skillet with sausage and vegetables, stir and warm sauce through.

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud right now. And thanks for the recipe! If I were to make this for my significant other it would be called "Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onions minus the Peppers and Onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I have a pkg of turkey sausage in the freezer so I will use that instead but the recipe looks great and easy as well.

    ReplyDelete