Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw


I'm always looking for a reason to have a party with my friends. The latest party was for a friend whose boyfriend moved to a different city for a job. I told you, I look for a reason to have a party.

I cooked the pork overnight in my slow cooker. The next morning, it was so tender, it just fell apart. The Cole slaw recipe comes from a family friend. It's a great mayo-free slaw.

BBQ Dry Rub
8 T. brown sugar, tightly packed
3 T. kosher salt
1 T. chili powder
1 t. paprika
½ t. ground black pepper
½ t. Old Bay seasoning
½ t. rubbed thyme
½ t. onion powder
½ t. dry mustard

Mix well.


Cole Slaw
2 bags Cole Slaw
sunflower seeds
sliced almonds
1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles
1/3 c. white vinegar
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar

Mix vinegar, oil, sugar and flavor packet from ramen noodles. Toss well with Cole slaw. Top with sunflower seeds, almonds and crushed, uncooked ramen noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment