Monday, April 20, 2009

Chipotle Sloppy Joes


Now I enjoy eating out as much as the next person, but I have great issue with people eating out for the majority of their meals. Not surprisingly, I know several single men who live such a lifestyle, my boyfriend, Stephen, being one of them. I have been saying for months now that I am going to make several meals for him to eat throughout the week. I've done this for other people before, but I've just never gotten around to doing it for my boyfriend. So, here is the 1st of three meals that I made for him for the week.

Chipotle Sloppy Joes
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
salt and pepper
1 t. chili powder
2 chipotle peppers, finely chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. mustard

Brown beef in a skillet. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Add onion and chipotle peppers, cook 4-5 minutes. Mix in tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Saute over medium heat until sauce thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment