Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Shower




I have another niece on the way. So, of course, for Kris' baby shower, I provided the food. I wanted the food to be simple, elegant and miniature. And yes, I'm a dork who loves a food theme (get it... miniature... baby shower... small versions of... oh, never mind).

I made mini Italian sandwiches, hummus, fruit skewers with a fruit dip in mini plastic martini glasses and lemon meringue babycakes (oh, come on, that's cute!).

Mini Italian Sandwiches
I took pesto and mixed it with canned artichokes in the food processor. On foccacia bread I used the artichoke pesto, turkey, provolone, lettuce, red onion and tomato.


Hummus
2 cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 cloves glaric, finely chopped
juice from 1 lemon
2 T tahini
2 T water
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
Add all ingredients to food processor, except olive oil. Process for 30 seconds, then stream in olive oil until you get your desired consistency.


Fruit Dip
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 container marshmallow creme
1 t. vanilla
Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment