Sunday, April 4, 2010

Orange Chipotle Ham


Easter dinner was just my boyfriend, Stephen and I again this year. And for some reason, I was in the mood for what I think of as a traditional American Easter dinner. Stephen kept telling me that the meal looked like it was from Rachael Ray Magazine. He was only able to choke down two asparagus spears. But I was impressed he was even willing to take one bite.


Ham with Orange Chipotle Glaze

6-8 lb. pre-cooked ham
3 chipotles, minced
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 medium orange, juiced

Put ham in a large roasting pan and cover it with foil. Heat it through in a 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes per pound. In pot, mix together chipotles, honey, brown sugar and orange juice. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove foil from ham, glaze ham and roast in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, glazing every 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment