Friday, April 9, 2010

Spicy Shrimp with Fried Pullao


I think that sometimes I use my boyfriend, Stephen, as an excuse to cook. I saw this recipe and really wanted to make it. I have plenty of food in my refrigerator. I have no real reason for making this. So I told myself that I needed to make it to take to Stephen at work. Of course, Stephen doesn't mind being used for the sake of being fed.




Fried Rice Pullao

2 T. +2 t. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/3 c. broken up angel hair pasta
1/4 t. garam masala
1/8 t. turmeric
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 c. vegetable broth
1 c. instant rice
1/2 c. chopped carrot
1 egg, beaten
1 c. frozen peas
1 scallion, cut on bias

In medium saucepan, saute onion with 2 teaspoons of oil for 4 minutes, until tender. Mix in pasta and let toast, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Stir in garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper. Add broth and bring to boil. Mix in rice, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 7-8 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Cool rice completely. In large skillet, saute carrots with 2 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes. Add rice and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Push rice to the sides of the skillet, add egg to the middle of skillet and stir rapidly until cooked through. Stir eggs into rice and add peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until peas are warmed through. Mix in spiced shrimp. Top with scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment