Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mushroom and Gorgonzola Envelopes


This last Saturday, I was talking to my friend Marisa, who is a holistic nutritionist. I was telling her how proud of myself I am because I have really cut down on my beloved cheese. And now here I am, four days later, making something with cheese and buttery puff pastry. But in my defense, I told her I cut down, not cut out the cheese.


Mushroom and Gorgonzola Envelopes

1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped

Lightly roll out the puff pastry dough until it is about 9x13. Using a pizza cutter, cut puff pastry in 4 equal squares. Evenly distribute the Gorgonzola, mushrooms and parsley in the middle of each puff pastry square. Fold each corner of the square together in the middle and crimp the edges. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment