Monday, April 19, 2010

Beef With Broccoli

My family moved into their new house on Saturday. And yesterday I got to use their beautiful new kitchen. In fact, I think that I'm the first one to use the beautiful kitchen (with an island in it). Did I mention that the kitchen is beautiful? I think I might move in. They have the space. They won't know I'm there... Until they start smelling what I'm cooking.

Beef with Broccoli

1 1/2 lbs. top sirloin steak
4 c. broccoli florets
Salt and pepper
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 T. soy sauce
1 T. hoisin sauce
1 T. dry sherry
Put steak in the freezer for 15 minutes for it to firm up. Remove from freezer and slice thinly. Season with salt and pepper and saute in a large skillet over high heat for 4 minutes. Add broccoli florets and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sherry. Stir sauce into beef and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment