Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chili Lime Salmon Salad


I know people who just are not a fan of the taste of salmon. I, on the other hand, love it. I think it is so rich and decadent. And the best thing about it is that salmon is so healthy for you. It tastes like a guilty pleasure, but there is no need for feeling guilty. Every time I eat salmon, I wonder why I don't eat it more often. Then I remember, it's because it can be quite pricey.


Chili Lime Salmon Salad
Printer-Friendly Version

2 Salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
Chili powder
2 limes, zested and juiced
4 c. lettuce, chopped
2 t. extra virgin olive oil
2 scallions, chopped
1 corn on the cob
1 avocado, diced

Season both sides of salmon with salt, pepper, chili powder and lime zest. Saute in skillet for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cook corn and cut from the cob. Toss lettuce with juice of 1 lime and oil. Top lettuce with scallions, corn, salmon and avocado. Squeeze juice of other lime on top of salmon and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment