Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tuna Melts


My mama and daddy are in town!!! Yea! So there will be lots of cooking going on at my house this weekend. My mama does not like Mayo. In fact, she hates it and won't allow it in her house. So, I came up with a tuna melt for her that contains no mayo. I used smoked gouda because I love it, though it is not the best melter, so you may want to use something smoother.


Tuna Melt
3 cans tuna, drained well
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1/4 c. onion, finely chopped
2 T. capers, roughly chopped
salt and pepper
2 T. dijon mustard
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
Italian bread, sliced
Smoked gouda cheese, thinly sliced

Lightly toast bread in oven. In bowl, whisk mustard vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil as you continue to whisk. Mix tuna, celery, onion, capers and dressing. Top bread with tuna mixture and cheese. Toast in oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment