Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy Sized Burger


I think that Father's Day is not complete without a big burger for dad. It's funny how Mother's Day makes you think of brunch and going out to eat, but Father's Day is about grilling big food. Ok, so I am not a master on the grill, and some people are afraid of me being too close to an open flame. So, my grilling was done inside using a grill pan.


Daddy Sized Burger
2 lb. ground beef
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder
Dried onion flakes
Worcestershire sauce
4 portobello mushrooms
1 leek, sliced and cleaned
Provolone cheese slices
Tomato, sliced

Season ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried onion and Worcestershire sauce, mix well and form into 4 big patties. Cook burgers to desired doneness, using desired cooking medium. Drizzle mushroom with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast in 375 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. In skillet, saute leeks with salt and pepper, for 4-5 minutes. On plate, put mushroom on bottom, top with leeks, balsamic drizzle, burger, cheese and tomato slice.


Oven Onion Rings
Adapted from Hungry Girl
1 large onion
1/2 c. Fiber One cereal, Original
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
salt and pepper

Grind cereal in food processor. Slice onions to desired onion ring size. Mix together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Dip onion slices in egg mixture, cereal, in egg mixture again and then cereal again. Lay onion slices in single layer of baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Um yummm... but I just ate Southern Barbeque (I'm in North Carolina) and Oh my gosh it was amazing! I wish I wasn't so full, because I think I'd been drooling even more!!

    ReplyDelete