Friday, June 26, 2009

Mediterranean Rice Bowl



Ok, I think that I am in a cooking rut. I'm getting bored with myself. I need to start thinking outside of my comfort zone of foods. I'm giving myself this push right when I'm starting my summer break, which could be difficult. I have a tendency to 'turn my brain off' during summer, so we'll see how this works out for me.


Mediterranean Rice Bowl
Chuck round steak
Rice, cooked
1 cucumber, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
Kalamata olives, chopped
Pepperocini's, chopped
Feta cheese
Salt and pepper
Red wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil

Season steak with Greek seasoning. Cook to desired doneness. Let meat rest, then slice it thinly. Mix together cooked rice, cucumber, tomato, olives, pepperocini's, feta, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. Serve meat on top of rice mixture.

2 comments:

  1. You know what you should do? Pull one of those regimented 1950s daily dinner schedules and STICK TO IT for a month. You know what I mean, like pork chops on tuesday, spaghetti on wednesday, thursday is pot roast, friday is flounder, etc.

    Then when you go off the schedule you'll be much more aware at how creative and varietylicious you really are!

    Alternate, devil's advocate suggestion: do the daily schedule, but always by working up different varieties of the night's dish. Totally different take on the pork chop every tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... Pita Way Warren

    ReplyDelete