Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken Burritos


This weekend I was having a creative cooking block. I just couldn't think of something different to make for my family. Now, I'm not saying that I have made this exact meal for the fam before, but I'm sure it's very close. But they still loved it, and that's all that really matters.


Chicken Burritos
Large sun dried tomato tortillas
Chicken breasts
Chili powder
Cumin
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt and pepper
1 can chicken stock
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Tomatoes, chopped
Red onion, thinly sliced
Avocado, chopped
Lime
Season chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook, then shred with fork. Put chicken, chicken stock, more of seasonings and black beans in pot and let simmer 4-5 minutes. Squeeze lime over avocado. Wrap up all ingredients in warm tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment