Monday, November 16, 2009

Salmon Croquettes, hold the mayo



Growing up, my grandma used to make crab cakes. As I've been cooking and experimenting more, I have tried using different fish. I have also found a way to leave out the mayo that my mom so passionately hates.

Salmon Croquettes
2 lbs. salmon, cooked and flaked
1 1/2 c. leftover mashed potatoes
1 egg
1 t. mustard
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 c. bread crumbs, plus more for coating
Salt and pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mix all ingredients well. Form into patties and coat with bread crumbs. Saute in large skillet with thin layer of oil.


Fall Apple Salad
Romaine lettuce, torn into bite site pieces
Apple, sliced thinly
Sunflower seeds
Parmesan cheese, shaved
Red wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Toss lettuce with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Top with apple slices, Parmesan and sunflower seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment