Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Greek Nachos



I'm not sure what I was thinking when I took this picture. It looks crazy. I mean really, why does the pita bread look like bat ears? The only reason I have is that my excitement for eating this turned into a hastily taken picture. But no matter how odd the picture looks, the nachos were so yummy.


Greek Nachos
1 package pita bread
2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium sized eggplant, peeled and finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch cinnamon
1 1/2 t. dried oregano
1 t. marjoram
1 t. paprika
Salt and pepper
1 c. beef broth
Optional toppings:
Tomato, diced
Kalamata olives, chopped
Pepperoncini peppers, sliced
Onion, chopped
Tear pita bread in large pieces and arrange on sheet tray. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Toast in 350 degree oven to desired crispness. In large skillet, brown ground beef. Add onion, eggplant, garlic, cinnamon, oregano, marjoram, paprika, salt and pepper, and let saute for 4-5 minutes. Add beef broth, and let simmer for 15 minutes or until most of broth is absorbed. Spoon meat mixture into bowl or on top of pita bread. Top as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment