Monday, November 23, 2009

Curry Yogurt Chicken


In making this dish, I used the curry powder that was in my parents' spice cabinet. The dish turned out very good, but it didn't quite have as much curry flavor as what I was expecting. So I asked my mom if the curry powder was pretty old. She said she thinks that they may have had it since my dad was in law school... Yep, it's older than me. Note to self: clean out Mom and Dad's spice cabinet.


Curry Yogurt Chicken
3 chicken breast, cut in 1 in pieces
1 carrot stick, cut on bias
1/2 onion, sliced thick
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
3 t. curry powder
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. ground ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper
Naan bread

Mix together yogurt, curry powder, cumin, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss with chicken separate from carrots and onion. Let marinade in refrigerator for at least an hour. Spread carrots and onion out on baking sheet. Cook in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Add chicken to baking sheet and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with warm Naan bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment