Sunday, September 6, 2009

BBQ Beef Potato Skins


My boyfriend, Stephen, and I were at a sports bar a couple months ago and decided to split a couple of appetizers. I suggested potato skins and Stephen says, I've never had those, will I like them? I was shocked and confused at how my meat-and-potatoes boy had never experienced the goodness of potato skins. So we had to order them, and of course, he loved them.

For this version of potato skins, I used thinly sliced steak to fill the skins. After I hollowed out the potato skins, I put them back in the oven to get crispy, and I used the leftover potato for mashed potatoes later in the week. Top with your favorite potato skin toppings.


Chipotle BBQ Sauce
2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 t. chili powder
2 t. paprika
2 t. onion powder
2 t. garlic powder
3 T. worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 t. dijon mustard
3 chipotles, minced
1 t. adobo sauce

In medium sized pot, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment