Monday, January 4, 2010

Kahlua Brownies with White Kahlua Sauce


I love cookbooks. I will look through my cookbooks just for pleasure. So I was very excited when my best friend, Kelly, gave me a new cookbook for Christmas. So I made these brownies for dessert on Christmas. I swapped the coffee in the recipe for Kahlua, and they were the best brownies we have ever had. I'm not even kidding.


Kahlua Brownies with White Kahlua Sauce
adapted from Cupcakes, Cookies, & Coffee Cakes
1/4 c. butter
4 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
2 T. Kahlua
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. milk chocolate chips

Sauce
1/2 c. heavy cream
3 oz. white chocolate chips
1 T. Kahlua

Place butter and semisweet chocolate and Kahlua in a pan over low heat. Stir until just melted and combined. Let cool slightly. Whisk in sugar and eggs. Mix in flour and chocolate chips. Pour batter into 9x13 inch greased pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. While brownies are baking, make sauce by combining cream, white chocolate and Kahlua in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until melted. Cut brownies and spoon sauce over brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment