Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Italian Turkey Burgers


I don't set New Year's resolutions, because they just get broken. But I am trying to get back into my previously healthier habits of going to the gym and eating less fried food. So yesterday, my friend, Kelly and I went to the gym and then I made this yummy meal while we watched American Idol.


Italian Turkey Burgers
1 lb. ground turkey breast
1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 onion, diced
1 clove garlic
2 basil leaves, chopped
2 t. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Spring mix
Baby spinach
Feta cheese
Balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil

For bruschetta topping, mix together tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Let mixture sit for at least 30 minutes so favors can meld. For burgers, mix together ground turkey, parsley, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Form into 4 equal sized burger patties. Cook burgers in skillet for 6-7 minutes per side, or until done in the middle. Toss spring mix and spinach with a small amount of balsamic vinegar and oil. Top salad with feta, burger, and top burger with bruschetta.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this dish. I am so blessed that Leah tries out her fabulous recipes on me!!! This was delicious and healthy; a combination I don't find that often.

    ReplyDelete