Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza


When I was younger, my family would go to my grandparents' house for lunch every Sunday. Recently I have recreated a version of this family tradition. The difference is that I go to my nephew and niece's house and make lunch for them most Sundays.

When it comes to deciding what to make, I have several factors to consider. My niece, Siena, likes to know what I'm making, but has no intentions of eating it. My nephew, Luke, really is a very good eater for a 9 year old, though I do occasionally have to make something different for him to eat. Mark is a good man... you give him food, he eats it, he's happy. Kris eats very healthy and she doesn't like cheese. This is probably why, at 7 1/2 months pregnant, she looks like she has put a beach ball under her shirt. Really, she's a ridiculously beautiful pregnant woman. But you can't hate her for it, because she is just entirely too sweet and lovable. She was my inspiration for the development of this recipe.


Thai Chicken Pizza
Cucumber, thinly sliced
Chicken, cooked and cubed
Shredded carrots
Green onions, chopped

Measurements are not important for this dish. Use as much or as little as you would like.
Roll out the pizza dough and bake until browned and crisp. Let cool slightly. Spread with a thin layer of peanut sauce. Add cucumbers, chicken, carrots and green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment