Thursday, March 26, 2009

Smoked Salmon Pizza


Awww, leftovers! What a beautiful thing. After the jewelry party, I used some leftovers to make a pizza. The most important component of this pizza, I feel, is the olive dip.

Let me just take a moment to honor the olive dip... It is a glorious combination of fat and salt. So yummy, it could make cardboard taste good. Most times I make this dip, I use that 1/3 less fat version of cream cheese, because in my mind it allows me to somehow rationalize eating the dip with a spoon.

Olive Dip
8oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
8oz. sour cream
15-20 kalamata olives
15-20 green onions with pimentos
2 T. capers
2 scallions, finely chopped

Chop olives and capers. Mix all ingredients well.

For the pizza dough, I used my breadmaker. It's just so much easier.

Pizza Dough
1 1/2 c. water
2 c. white bread flour
2 c. wheat flour
2 T. sugar
2 t. salt
3 t. active dry yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment