Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lasagna


The thoughts of some warm, cheesy classic lasagna have been roaming about in my head for the last 3 weeks. Finally, I broke down and made some on Friday.




I went all out, made the sauce and everything. And it was so worth the time and effort. You know you've done well when the sight of a dish makes your man stammer and rush to get off the phone with his friend...


Marinara Sauce
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/4 c. grated carrot
3 cloves garlic, minced
28 oz. can tomato puree
15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 t. dried basil
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. dried parsley
1 t. marjoram
1 t. dried thyme
1 dried bay leaf

Sautee onions and carrots until soft and transulcent. Add garlic, tomato puree, diced tomatoes and herbs. Let simmer for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering.... you need to send some of this to my dorm! SOOO JEALOUS!!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, just send it to my school address! Your mom knows it and you can just get it from her! I would like lasagna with some delicious salad, and one of your wonderful cakes. Oh and my roommate will take some barbeque ribs with corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, baked beans, and fruit salad! I hope this isn't too difficult for you! lol LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete