Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup


I have decided that I need to bump up my workouts. So on top of my regular workouts, I went to an abs class on Monday. Then it just so happens that the class I took yesterday ended up having an abs class with it too. And just to clarify, an abs class is 15 minutes of working out your ab muscles... 15 minutes!! It took me two tries to get out of bed this morning.


Chicken Tortilla Soup

3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 c. diced carrots
2-4.5 oz. cans diced green chile's
1/2 t. cumin
1 t. chipotle powder
Salt and pepper
8 c. chicken broth
2 c. frozen corn
4 corn tortillas, cut in strips
Lime wedges

In large pot, saute onions and carrots for 5-6 minutes. Mix in chicken and green chile's. Season with cumin, chipotle, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Add corn and corn tortillas, simmer for 5-7 minutes more, or until corn tortillas have dissolved. Serve with baked or regular tortilla chips. Squeeze in lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment