Friday, February 5, 2010

Chicken Noodle, No Soup


Somehow, I completely forgot that I made this last week. And I'm really not sure why. My nephew, Luke, decided that it was so good that he needed seconds. Though he did leave some veggies behind in the bowl. Funny how my nephew and my boyfriend, Stephen, can both only take so many veggies in one meal.


Chicken Noodle, No Soup
1 rotisserie chicken
2 c. matchstick carrots
3 celery stalks, cut on bias
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. dried thyme
2 t. dried oregano
1 lb. wide egg-noodles
1 T. butter
3 scallions, cut on bias
1 c. frozen corn

Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook for 6-7 minutes. Drain noodles and toss with butter. Remove skin from chicken. Shred chicken with forks. In large skillet, cook carrots, celery, garlic, thyme and oregano for 5 minutes. Add chicken, scallions and corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Top noodles with chicken mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment