Sunday, July 5, 2009

Steak Fries


I have to say, I'm quite proud of myself for this one. I haven't seen potatoes wrapped in beef before. Maybe it's been done before. Maybe it's a common thing. But it's new to me. And I'm tooting my own horn for it. TOOT-TOOT.


Steak Fries
Flank steak
Grill seasoning
2 large potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Sour cream
Green onion, thinly sliced

Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Roast in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, or until justs tender. Remove from oven and let cook slightly. Thinly slice steak into long strips, cutting against the grain. Season with the grill seasoning Wrap a strip of steak around each potato wedge. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes. Top with sour cream and green onions. *These are also good with a honey mustard sauce.

1 comment:

  1. May I propose adding shredding cheese and bacon? I think it would be even more delicous! lol Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete