Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mushroom Stuffed Tomatoes


I am on vacation. Every summer, I go home to my parents' house in Illinois for vacation. This vacation is going to involve a lot of cooking and visiting family and friends. When I'm home, lunch is usually just my mom and I while my dad's at work. And lunch with my mom always involoves a lot of vegetables.


Mushroom Stuffed Tomatoes
1 large tomato
1/4 onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 carton button mushrooms, quartered
1/2 carton cremini mushrooms, quartered
Salt and pepper
2 T. sherry vinegar
1 T. dijon mustard
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped

Slice the tomato in half. Scoop out the inside of the tomato and season with salt and pepper. In skillet, saute onion and celery for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in sherry, mustard and parsley. Stuff into tomato halves.

1 comment:

  1. Holaa... me encanta tu blog.. Helloo... I really like ur blog.. if you can suscribe mine please... I''ll try some of ur recipes.. :)

    ReplyDelete