Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chicken Gnocchi Goulash


My boyfriend, Stephen, is a brave city boy. He has come to visit small town rural Illinois where I grew up. As he saw corn fields closing in, smaller roads and fewer houses, he did ask if we could turn and go back to the city. But he is fascinated with the quiet, peacefulness of the country. I made this goulash ahead of time and froze it so I didn't have to spend all my time in the kitchen once he got here. I would just recommend warming it up with a little chicken stock to loosen the sauce up.


Chicken Gnocchi Goulash
1 lb. ground chicken
1 carton mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 t. paprika
1/2 t. cumin
Salt and pepper
6 oz. tomato paste
1 can chicken stock
1/2 c. sour cream
1 pkg. gnocchi, cooked and drained
1/4 c. parsley, chopped
Green onions, chopped
In large skillet, cook ground chicken. Move chicken to the sides of the skillet and add mushrooms, onion, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes. Add tomato paste and chicken stock. Mix well and let simmer for 15- 20 minutes to let flavors meld. Stir in sour cream. Then stir in gnocchi and parsley. Top with green onions.

1 comment: