Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Caribbean Country Style Ribs


When my parents were in town, my mom, Stephen and I were talking about foot massages. Stephen then proceeded to say that he loves ribs so much that he would give me a foot rub every time I made them for him. So what do you think I did as soon as I got home from my visit to Illinois? You got it, I made him some ribs. I couldn't eat the ribs, but that's perfectly OK with me because I got a good foot rub!


Jerk Marinade
from Island Barbecue
Printer-Friendly Version

1 t. ground allspice
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
3 scallions, finely chopped
4 habanero peppers, halved and seeds removed
1/2 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T. vegetable oil
1 T. salt
1/8 t. garlic powder

Place all ingredients in the food processor. Process for 1 minute. Store marinade in the refrigerator. Marinate meat for 3 hours to overnight.


Caribbean BBQ Sauce
Printer-Friendly Version

8 oz. tomato sauce
2 habaneros, seeded and minced
1/2 c. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. agave nectar
1 T. dry mustard
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. white vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 t. allspice
Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients into a small pot. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment