Saturday, August 1, 2009

Creamy Rice


I have gotten to the point where I really like spicy food. Yes, it's probably because of my spicy boy. So, when I was making this creamy rice, I left the ribs in the jalapeño to add extra heat. Unfortunately, the jalapeño I bought delivered about as much heat as an ice cream truck in January. But even without the heat, my boyfriend Stephen and I both enjoyed the rice.


Creamy Rice
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
1 1/4 c. water
1 c. sour cream, at room temp
3/4 c. half and half, at room temp
2 ears of sweet corn
4 scallions, chopped
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cook 1 1/2 cups rice in 1 1/4 cups water so the rice is fluffy and can absorb more liquid. While rice cooks, cook corn and cut it from the cob. As soon as the water is absorbed, mix in sour cream and half and half. Mix in corn, scallions and jalapeño.

2 comments:

  1. That rice looks down-home SCRUMPTIOUS.

    Watch out, once you get that taste, the taste for the spice - you never go back, it's always going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spice too, and i love that you call Stephen spicy!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete