Monday, August 10, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Lasagna


So, I had to go back to work today. Yes, I know if you are not a teacher like me, you have no sympathy for me at all. But let me just say, I was not a fan of my alarm clock this morning. I knew that going back to work this week would be rough, so I planned ahead. I made something with lots of leftovers so I wouldn't be tempted to eat out for dinner this week.

I used flour tortillas, because that's what I had at home. For the meat layer, I used shredded chicken, diced onion, black beans, corn, chili powder and cumin.


Enchilada Sauce
3 T. oil
1 T. flour
8 oz. tomato sauce
14.5 oz. chicken stock
1/4 c. chili powder
1 t. cumin
1 t. ground red pepper
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried oregano
Salt and pepper

In medium pot, heat oil. Add flour and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring sauce to boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 25 minutes or until it has reduced to desired thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment