Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pesto Pork Chops


Though these pork chops are no where close to Asian food, the inspiration came from the Asian grocery store that I recently went to. I think that I was channeling by blogger buddy over at Budget Cooking Chef, because I just couldn't pass up the fresh basil. I got about 20+ basil leaves for 59 cents. Do you hear me? Fresh basil, for 59 cents!!! Usually about 5 leaves cost me 3 dollars! I was so excited, I just couldn't resist. By the way, I'm really not a fan of this picture, but 'it is what it is'...


Pesto Pork Chops
Thin cut pork chops
Fresh basil
1 garlic clove
1/4 c. walnuts
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
Ground red pepper

In food processor, blend basil, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oil and red pepper. Marinade pork chops for at least 30 minutes. Broil pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side. ** I topped the pork chops with sauteed mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment