Monday, February 7, 2011

Stuffed Pork Chops


Since going gluten and dairy free (amongst other things such as corn, egg, soy, beef, peanut, pork, shellfish and sugar) I have been debating with myself about whether or not to truly make this a healthy blog and only post the food I can eat. But reality is that I make things for my boyfriend, Stephen, that I can't eat. So I think that I'm finally willing to accept that some of the recipes here will be healthy recipes that support autoimmune disorders and some recipes will be whatever it is that I'm making for Stephen that day. Recipes like this one...


Stuffed Pork Chops
Printer-Friendly Version

4 thick-cut pork chops
2 t + 1 T extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 c mushrooms, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T chipotle puree, see note
2 T parsley, chopped
2 t flour
3/4 c chicken broth

Using a paring knife, cut a pocket in the middle of each of the pork chops. In a medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms and shallot for 4-5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and chipotle puree. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Using a spoon, stuff the mushroom mixture into the pork chop pockets. Secure pocket with toothpick. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large, oven safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Sear pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through. Remove pork chops from skillet. Return skillet to stove over medium heat. Sprinkle flour in skillet and whisk with remaining oil in skillet. Let cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth, scraping up all the brown bits from the skillet. Let broth thicken. Pour over the top of the pork chops.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine made this for me once and I could not stop thinking about it for weeks! I need to try yours now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete