Monday, January 17, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala


This was uncharted territory for me, for two reasons. One, because I have never made any kind of Indian food before. And two, because I used this new brand, So Delicious, as a yogurt and cream substitute. I know there are several milk substitutes out there, and have used them. But now... NOW there is a dairy and soy free yogurt! This is BIG for me. I added some sauteed kale to the meal to have some extra veggies to cut through the creamy heaviness of this meal.


Chicken Tikka Masala


Sauteed Kale
Printer-Friendly Version

1 bunch kale
2 t extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t nutmeg
Salt and pepper

Remove kale from stem and rib. Slice the kale into thin strips. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add kale and garlic to the skillet. Toss in oil and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Continue to toss kale for 2-3 minutes, until it wilts down slightly.

1 comment: