Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hunter's Stew


I grew up in Illinois, and now I live in North Texas. One of the reasons that I moved to Texas is because I wanted to live somewhere warmer. So imagine my dismay when it snows this morning in Dallas, and I realize that it snowed here before it snowed at my parents'. My mom found this quite humorous.

So with our cold weather, I decided to make one of my favorite comfort foods my mom makes. I wanted to make this the way my mom makes this stew. I just added the corn, because well, I love corn.


Hunter's Stew
2 lbs. ground beef
3 cans Campbell's Old-Fashioned Vegetable Soup
1 large potato, diced
1 c. frozen corn
Salt and pepper

In large pot, brown ground beef and drain off grease. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes. Add soup and 1 1/2 cup of water. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Add corn and let cook for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment