Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cookies


Every year, I give my coworkers homemade goodies for Christmas. This year I found these cute little bins that were the perfect size for Christmas cookies.

The Caramel Swirl Blondies are amazing. They have a great combination of flavors. It doesn't make very much batter, but the blondies puff up a lot as they cook. These are a new favorite.

The Pineapple Coconut Cookies turned out differently than I expected, but they are really good. They spread out a lot. I made them smaller than the recipes calls for, but I still ended up cooking them for 8 minutes.

The Snickerdoodle recipe is one that I have had for years. I just don't know where I got the recipe from.






Snickerdoodles
1 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt

2 T. sugar
2 T. cinnamon

Cream together shortening, sugar and eggs. Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 11 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love Snickerdoodles! I will have to give you recipe a try!

    http://www.heatherskitchenconcoctions.com/

    ReplyDelete