Monday, October 26, 2009

Potato Soup


I have been messing around with the settings on my camera and I'm not sure what I did, but the coloring of this picture is off. I don't know why but I need to figure it out before I take anymore pictures.

Ok Ms. Tori, here is the potato soup for you. Enjoy.


Potato Soup
3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 onion, diced
1 bay leaf
2 cans chicken broth
2 c. half and half
Salt and pepper
Scallions, chopped

In large pot, use 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, add onions, salt, pepper and bay leaf, cook for 5 minutes. Par cook potatoes in boiling water for about 7 minutes. Drain potatoes and add to pot. Add broth and half and half. Bring to a boil and let potatoes cook the rest of the way through, stirring occasionally. When potatoes are tender, using potato masher, lightly mash some of the potatoes to thicken up liquid. Stir bacon into soup. Top with scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment