Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sauteed Broccoli, Squash and Mushrooms


I give my boyfriend, Stephén a hard time about being anti-vegetables. But I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of veggies myself. But for some reason I have been obsessed with these sauteed broccoli, squash and mushrooms lately. Seriously, I've been eating them like it's my job. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm sure I will tire of them soon, so I'll just go with it while it lasts.


Sauteed Broccoli, Squash and Mushrooms
Printer-Friendly Version

2 t+ extra virgin olive oil
1 pint cremini mushrooms
1 yellow squash
1 broccoli crown
1 shallot
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced

Quarter mushrooms, slice squash down the middle and cut them in half moons, trim broccoli into bite size pieces and thinly slice the shallot. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms to skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Add more oil if needed. Add squash, broccoli and shallot to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment