Monday, March 7, 2011

Agave-Walnut Chicken


I had every intention of posting this recipe last week. Especially since I made it about two weeks ago, but somehow time just got away from me. I don't know what happened. Maybe this week will be better, though it doesn't seem to being shaping up that way. By the way, this was a big hit with my picky eater niece, Siena.


Agave-Walnut Chicken

1 1/2 lb chicken drumsticks
Salt and pepper
2 t extra virgin olive oil
1 c walnuts, chopped
1 c chicken broth
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
3/4 c agave nectar

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, totaling 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet. Add vinegar to skillet and use a wooden spoon to scrap up the brown bits. Stir in chicken broth, agave nectar and walnuts. Add chicken back to skillet, turning to coat with sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment