Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tilapia With Burst Tomatoes


WARNING: If you get really squeamish at just the idea of blood or needles, you may want to skip this story and go straight to the yummy recipe.

I had to get blood drawn for lab tests this morning. Apparently I have small, rolling veins. Getting blood drawn has frequently been a problem for me, and today was no exception. The first arm the nurse tried (Yeah, I said first), she missed my vein. She then started wiggling the needle around in my arm trying to get it in my vein, which was unsuccessful. So, she went to my other arm. She hit the vein and drew my blood just fine, or so I thought. About 45 minutes later, my arm was still kind of sore, which is odd. And now I have a big, ugly bruise and my arm is swollen. Swollen!! What in the world did she do to me?


Tilapia With Burst Tomatoes
Printer-Friendly Version

4 tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper
Chili powder
Paprika
2 c. cherry tomatoes
2 c. mushrooms, quartered
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, smashed
Extra virgin olive oil

Toss cherry tomatoes and garlic with oil, salt and pepper. Lay tomatoes and garlic out on a baking sheet. Roast in a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes. Toss mushrooms and onions with oil, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and onions to tomatoes and roast for another 30 minutes, or until tomatoes burst and mushrooms are tender. Season both sides of tilapia with salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika. Saute tilapia in skillet for 3-4 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment